Monday, August 22, 2011

Making Chicken Salad

Entrepreneurship is easier talked about than achieved. Since I have been laid up recuperating from knee surgery, I have been driving myself crazy trying to decide which way to go, once I am healed. My former occupation is no longer an option. I am 46 years old, and not exactly "prime" pickins' in today's job market. A venture into the small business owner world seems to be financially out of reach. Not only that, trying to decide what business to get into is a daunting task, as well. Everyone says "get into something that you love to do, and you will do just fine". Really? I do not think that there is much of a market for procrastination. I know, just suck it up and DO something. Seriously, almost every idea that I have, is either not in demand or priced so high that I can not find the capital to invest. I truly stand in awe of those folks that have a dream and somehow find a way to make it happen. To all those self-starters that can make chicken salad out of chicken s#%t, I salute you!
Persistence is the key, me thinks, so I will keep dreaming, keep researching, keep hoping, keep praying, and maybe, just maybe, the American Dream will present itself , beginning the second half of my quest to be a good provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment